Pending $229,900 - Single Family
829 15 1/2 St NW
4 bedroom, 3 bath that backs to Assisi Heights–no neighbors behind on a completely private, wooded lot! Newer furnace, updated kitchen & bath, permanent siding, freshly painted throughout most of the home in the newest colors. Private master bath! End of the cul-de-sac location!
Updates since 2009:
- Furnace- replaced November 2016
- Kitchen- new stove and over-the-range microwave (2017); complete remodel (2015) with removal of peninsula cabinets, painted cabinets, new countertops, floors, dishwasher, light fixtures, sink and faucet, removal of popcorn ceiling
- Main bath- complete remodel (2011); installed shower (previously only tub) with new tile floor, countertop, pendant lights, mirror, and shower light; new paint (2017)
- Downstairs living room- complete remodel (2014); new energy efficient picture window, removed popcorn ceilings, installed can lights and new light fixture, removed paneling
- Downstairs bedroom- new energy efficient window (2016); complete remodel (2014); removed paneling, new light fixture
- Master bathroom- new fixtures (2017); new toilet (2015); added light/fan (2009)
- Carpet- upstairs replaced 2012 and 2014 (bedrooms); downstairs 2014
- Lower level entry- tiled 2014
- Water softener- replaced 2015
- Garage door- replaced 2012
- Access door to garage- replaced 2012
- Replaced all door handles and hardware throughout home- 2009
- Light fixtures- either replaced or updated throughout home- 2009
- Back yard- stained timbers (2017); rotten timbers replaced (2016); retaining walls added (2010)
Response to Inspection:
- Winkel’s electrical replaced kitchen and bathroom outlets with GCFI outlets. Master bathroom fan to GCFI outlet. Inspected wiring of box (see invoice).
- All Craft exteriors installed diverter flashing (see invoice).
- Separation between foundation and front steps filled with sand and caulked.
- CO detectors installed in upper level (in addition to existing lower level detector).
- No water concerns above shower. Paint buckling was from initial paint job. Repainted 2017.
- Garage sensors lowered to correct height.
Pending work: Removal of dead Oak tree from backyard in northwest corner of the home planned for mid June 2017 in conjunction with removal of neighbor’s tree.
Evidence of water intrusion was noted in August 2009 in lower level ducts while having home duct system professionally cleaned. We determined over the next couple years that during heavy rainfall, water would collect in duct system and the lower level bedroom was damp. The following measures were completed with significant improvement in water intrusion. American Water Works inspected in 2016 with recommendation to install gutter covers as rain was coming over the front gutters during downpours as gutters would clog. No water intrusion has been noted despite very heavy rainfall in spring 2017. There was no water intrusion evidence on inspection.
-Sump pump installed (2014)
-Regrading of front landscaping (2014)
-Regrading of back patio pavers (2014)
-Underground drainage system installed to north east corner of home (2014)
-Addition of gutters to front eaves (2015)
-Front gutters cleaned and covers installed (2016)