Homes for Sale in Rochester MN
We have some great tools to help you search homes for sale in the Rochester area.
For buyers, these tools will help you search for homes in the area that fit your search criteria.
For sellers, this is a great way to get a handle on what homes are selling for in your area.
The tools you’ll find on our site are:
- Our Featured Listings, which lists the properties we’re representing and all their stats.
- The Multiple Listing Service (MLS), which will deliver all properties in the Rochester area that are currently on the market or have been closed recently.
To optimize your search, use the tips below.
Tips on Searching for Homes for Sale in Rochester MN via MLS
The Multiple Listing Service, or MLS, is a powerful tool when it comes to searching for homes for sales in Rochester MN. The service comes with a lot of options to help users zero-in on properties that match their search criteria, taking a lot of legwork out of looking for a home or researching what homes have sold for in your area.
- Select your property type. If you want to search for more than one type, hold down the shift + click the items in the menu you’d like to add.
- Select “Status” and choose either “Active” or “Closed.” Most buyers actively involved in searching for home would rather avoid looking at the closed properties that are not available. Of course, most sellers would rather look at recently closed properties to see what they have sold for.
- Use the Map Options to focus on an area before you start you review results. The “Help” button on the upper right hand corner will deliver you to MLS’s instructions on how to use the Map Search. This is very helpful in zeroing-in on your desired location.
- Start with your price range and then move into more restrictive searches. This will help you get a market overview for what’s available for your price range before you begin to narrow results based on your desired number of bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, etc.
- View Results. Hit the blue button at the top of the page “View Results” to tell MLS to perform your search.
- Save Your Search. Just below the “View Results” button, you’ll see the “Save this Search” Button. Clicking this will open a prompt to open a free MLS account. MLS also provides options to receive updates from the system on new listings and price changes. After you set up your account, you can use the information to log in through the “Log in” button the upper right of the screen. This is a service provided by MLS.
If you have any questions on how to use the MLS service, please contact us and we’ll be happy to provide support.
Tips on Our Featured Listings in Rochester MN
You may wonder why you would search our featured listings of homes for sale in Rochester MN when we provide access to the entire MLS database. We’re glad you asked. Our Featured Listings are a great way:
- For sellers to get a sense of how we market the homes we list and how we present them online to the many potential buyers that visit our site.
- For buyers to see some of the many homes for sale in Rochester.
To Search our Featured Listings:
- Start by adjusting the map view, using the tool bar in the upper left corner of the map, to focus on properties we represent in your area.
- Click on the orange house markers to get more information about a home. After you click on the orange house marker, a window will pop up with a picture of the home and its price. Click on “More Information” at the bottom of the window to go to that home’s detailed information page.
- Search using the form below the map. This is not as detailed as the MLS search. Simply fill in the fields (or leave them blank if you’d just like to get an overview) and hit search.
- Search for homes we have sold by clicking on the “Status” menu and selecting “Sold.”
- Search for homes we have listed by clicking on the “Status” menu and selecting “For Sale.”
If you have any questions about homes we are listing or have just sold, please contact us.